sábado, 12 de novembro de 2016

MARTIN HURKENS - My dream


My dream

In 2010, my youngest daughter signed me up for the RTL program ‘Holland’s Got Talent” behind my back. After some hesitation, I decided to participate in this great program. Without having any expectations about how far I would come, I reached the finale. In my wildest dreams I never thought I would win the final. It really was a fantastic experience! As being an unemployed baker, a new world was suddenly opening up for me! Singing has always been my hobby and now there was an opportunity to turn my hobby into my profession, so I seized it with both hands.

After winning the finale, I received more and more requests for performances. In addition to these performances I also recorded a video clip in the centre of Maastricht of the song: “You raise me up ‘. Without even knowing this video became incredibly popular on YouTube and Social Media. The video has been watched all over the world and before I knew new requests came in from China, Taiwan and Japan. This resulted in several trips to these beautiful countries to sing in front of thousands of people.

Meanwhile, I am grateful to have given wonderful performances in several countries such as China, Taiwan, Japan, Italy, France, Turkey and Germany. Furthermore, in the Netherlands I am lucky enough to perform with the best Harmonies, Fanfares and Symphony orchestras. For me, this is a real pleasure to do!

At this moment I am booked for a performance in New York City and a big tour in China. That’s why I say, “you may always dream, and sometimes they will even come true.”


Martin Hurkens with 'You raise me up', in the city of Maastricht (NL) (2010)


AQUI: http://www.martinhurkens.nl/youtube/

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário